FACILITATION TOWARDS RELAXATION FOR ADDITIONAL FSI TO IT BUILDINGS:Our Commitment:
"All application filed under this category shall be processed and disposed off within 72 hours after receipt"
Tamil Nadu IT Policy 2002 provides that Relaxation of Floor Space Index (FSI) to the extent of 100% will be given in designated IT Parks. Such requests need to be addressed to the concerned Regional Development Authorities. Government has designated ELCOT (vide G.O. Ms. No. 13 Information Technology Department dt. 16.8.2002) as the Certifying Authority for the purpose of Development of IT Parks and for availing exemption from FSI and other norms from CMDA. Development Control Rules relating to setting up Information Technology Parks is as per G.O. Ms.. No. 180 Housing and Urban Development (UDI) Department dated 25.5.1998.
To avail additional FSI relaxation towards IT Buildings promoter needs to submit the application as below:
A letter addressed to the Managing Director, ELCOT, 692, Anna Salai, Chennai-600 035 on the proposed IT Building including details as below:
- A declaration that the proposed building will be equipped with the following:
- Feeder Grid supply with adequate back up capacity will be provided.
- Necessary provision for Housing Remote Switching unit of a Communication Provider with redundancy with the Bandwidth not be less than 2 Mbps will be provided in the proposed building.
- The IT Building would have a satellite/ microwave back up data connectivity. The Plot area on which such IT building is located must be a minimum of 2000 square meters.
- The companies occupying the IT building should be IT companies as defined in IT Policy 2002 of Tamil Nadu. ( a link to IT Policy 2002). 80% of the built up area should be occupied by IT/ITES units. For this purpose a registration with STPI/EOU/appropriate license with Communication Provider will be adequate.
- As above, quarterly declaration towards occupancy for IT/ITES purposes should be reported as per the Annexure-A of G.O. Ms. No. 15 Information Technology Department dated 21.7.2004.
- An undertaking in not less than Rs. 50/- stamp paper on utilization of entire space for IT/ITES companies to be executed by the Applicant. In case of companies, copy of board resolution, Memorandum and Articles of Association, to be furnished. (Specimen Copy of Undertaking is in Annexure-1)
- A check list as per format to be filled up by the applicant (Annexure-2)
The checklist contains the following items :
- Name and Address of the Applicant.
- Location of the proposed building
- Land area & built-up area.
- Feeder grid supply with adequate back up.
- Proposed Data communication facilities
- Undertaking, sale deed, building plan other relevant records details.
- The building will be inspected by ELCOT authorities after completion of the construction to verify compliance with various undertakings/declarations submitted herein to obtain this NOC. The applicant shall furnish the building completion details within 30 days after completion of the same to enable ELCOT officials to carry out such inspection.
- For any assistance/clarification Applicant can contact through email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- List of IT buildings
- In case of any serious queries, applicants can contact the Managing Director in person or mail him at email@example.com or contact over phone on any working day during working hours.